The AN Ulverston swimming team have won the 2022 Cumbria Cup trophy, taking it from previous winners who have won it in the last 11 years.
The Ulverston Otters won the cup for the first time since the competition’s inception in 1975.
The Otters won 18 of 36 open category titles and four junior titles over the two weekends, as well as three county relay titles, including two new Cumbria records for the Open Girls 200m Freestyle & Medley team.
Current title holders include:
- Gyoktug Molla – 9 open event titles (100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m freestyle, 200m butterfly, 100m and 200m breaststroke, 400IM).
- Indya Sharp – 5 open event titles (50m and 100m breaststroke, 50m and 100m backstroke, 50m butterfly) 2 club records.
- Ethan Allpress – 3 open event titles and 3 junior event titles (50m, 100m and 200m backstroke).
- Adam Jones – 1 title in open event (100 m butterfly).
- Jamie Leigh Tyson – 3 junior titles (100m freestyle, 100m backstroke, 100m butterfly).
- The winners of the women’s 200m medley team were Olivia Penellum, Mazie Scales, Izzy Kennington and Abigail Caine.
The winners of the Women’s Open 200m medley team were Jamie-Leigh Tyson, Indya Sharp, Lily Smith and Amelia Mardel.
The team was also tasked with setting a new county record. They also won the freestyle competition.
Ulverston Otters thanked Cumbria ASA and all the organizing team and officials who supported the County Championships, Peter Bratley Photography for the fantastic team photo and JF Hornby & Co for their continued support.
The Otters will also be back in action for the Kendal Gala the first week of March.
For more information visit https://www.uasc.me.uk/wordpress/.