Larne Swimming Club is one of the top Irish swimming clubs in East Antrim, made up of junior, age group, national and masters teams.
Our club has approximately 120 members and regularly produces qualified athletes at regional, national and international levels.
The club offers all abilities, from our learn-to-swim program to masters teams. Sessions are now available for parents who want to get in the pool, either to train for triathlons or just to get back in the pool for exercise and mental well-being.
Larne Swim Club is committed to helping all swimmers reach their potential and is supported by a team of coaches, parents and volunteers who are dedicated to the day to day operation and existence of the club.
We aspire to challenge the youth of today to be the champions of tomorrow.
We want to secure the future of the club for its members and the wider community. Larne Swimming Club serves a wide area of East Antrim, from Larne to Carrickfergus, Newtownabbey and beyond. The club not only brings children and young people together to train in the sport they love, but it also builds friendships and positively improves mental health.
Clubs from all over Northern Ireland travel to Larne for galas and various competitions such as the Antrim Championship (sponsored by Woodside Haulage) which brings additional attendance to the East Antrim community.
Thank you for supporting our club and your community.
The Larne Swimming Club, like all other indoor sports, has been closed for very long periods throughout 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The club had very healthy numbers before COVID, but the pandemic caused our members to move on to other sports and interests and not return.
When the lockdown was lifted in September 2021, club membership dropped by 40%. Along with increased running costs, rental of the pool and the loss of almost half of its members, this had a huge negative financial implication. Coupled with the potential loss of the club’s ‘Learn to Swim’ program to a board-run alternative, cast doubt on the club’s future viability. With the changes imposed and the problems caused by the pandemic, it is clear that the club will become unsustainable without the help of the community.
A active recovery of COVID for the Larne Swimming Club is crucial. In order to continue to be a successful amateur sports club, known not only for its Hall of Fame, but also for the team spirit that lives in each of the members, staff and volunteers…… #teamlarne
With the money we raise through Crowd Funder, we plan to:
- Promote the sport and the club
- Increase the capacity of junior members
- Train senior swimmers to level 1 – teaching program
- Maintain pool time levels already available
- Potentially increase pool time / workout time
- Create new opportunities for club members through competitions
- Create new opportunities for club members through enhanced training and development programs
- Improve the skills of existing coaches
- Provide high-level coaching to Olympian Danielle Hill
There are four easy ways to help us reach our goal and make this project a reality.
- By getting a sponsorship for our 100 miles a day challenge.
- By offering a reward or prize that can then be purchased on this site. please contact [email protected]
- By considering commercial sponsorship – by becoming one of our corporate sponsors, your company can take advantage of multiple advertising opportunities throughout the club. Plus, it’s an opportunity to link your brand to a healthy lifestyle organization in the local community. please contact [email protected]
- By joining our swimming club, we would love for you to join our club! The Larne Swim Club welcomes new members of all ages and abilities. Contact us please ([email protected]) for course availability or a free trial session.
- All the money raised goes to the club, and if we reach our goal, 50% will be co-financed by SportNI.
1. Make a promise. Don’t delay if you are going to support us because momentum is the key to our success!
2. Spread the word. Share our project on your social media pages and tell the world to support us! The more people we reach, the more support we will get.
3. Offer rewards. Get involved if you are a local business by donating things that we can give to our supporters. We’ll give you a shout!