Gala ASC, established in 1915, is a competitive swimming club dedicated to helping swimmers be the best they can be.
The club has a fully inclusive program allowing individuals to reach their full potential, whether competitively, in shape or socially. Our goal is to nurture the fun and enthusiasm of all our members. There is a team of coaches supported by a number of poolside helpers to enable efficient training during the sessions. The club currently has around 60 swimmers between the ages of 7 and 17 in 7 teams ranging from new club ready to junior performance level.
The Head Coach will work with the pool team in the management, development and delivery of the club’s training program. Gala ASC works in partnership with the Borders Elite Swim Team Performance program, so you will also have the opportunity to work with performance athletes and liaise with the Borders Performance Coach. As part of BEST and Gala you will also have the opportunity to attend Scottish National Swimming Programmes.
Ideally you will be a UKCC Level 2 Swimming Coach. However, you can be someone with Level 1 or have substantial swimming experience, perhaps a student who was a competitive swimmer who wants to stay involved in the swimming. Gala ASC will help you obtain level 1 and 2 qualifications.
• Plan, implement, coordinate and develop the club’s training program across all teams to ensure all swimmers have the opportunity to maximize their potential.
• Prepare session plans and training schedules for all teams
• Provide hands-on coaching during our two main club sessions (currently Monday and Friday evenings)
• Lead and develop our existing team of poolside coaches and volunteers
• Work closely with Performance Coach Borders to help support existing team members and prepare suitable new swimmers to enter the program
• Communicate effectively with swimmers, coaches, volunteers and parents
• Attend agreed meetups to support club swimmers
Applications including a cover letter and CV should be submitted to [email protected] by Friday 22 April.
If you would like to have a casual chat to find out more, please call Kara on 07967708328